Views
Helpful
Replies

Time of day call handling on call blast group

wpalmer
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have a customer that prefers to answer all of their calls live and back it up with an Auto Attendant. I have setup up a call blast group that times out (after about 10 rings) to the AA and have set the blast group as the destination in the incoming dial plan.

After hours, the customer would like the call blast group to still ring before going to the AA, but for only 3 rings. They woud also like the abilty to envoke this during the day if necessary.

I thought I might be able to do this using night service, but I can't put one of the call blast extensions in night service because it would cause a loop, and I can't seeme to create a new extension that will go to one call blast group during the day and another at night.

Any ideas on how I could set this up?

Thanks in advance!

Bill

2 Replies 2

antyeung
Level 4
Level 4

You can try this-

Create two blast groups in CCA w/ different timeout values-

voice hunt-group 1 parallel
final 399
list 201,301
timeout 10
pilot 401

voice hunt-group 2 parallel

final 399
list 201,301

timeout 3
pilot 402

Create an ephone-dn from the CLI that is not associated with any phone-

ephone-dn  20  dual-line

number 400 no-reg primary

night-service bell

call-forward all 401

call-forward night-service 402

Define your night service schedule in CCA or a night service code.

Configure an incoming dial plan in CCA to map calls to 400. During night service calls would be forwarded to blast group 402, timeout after 3 seconds, and forwarded to AA pilot 399. When night service is not active calls would be forwarded to blast group 401, timeout after 10 seconds, and forward to AA pilot 399. Optionally you can not define a night service schedule and use the night service code to toggle the night service state.

This feature will be configurable in a future release of CCA.

Hope that helps,

Anthony

Thanks Anthony, I'll give this a try.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: