Helpful
Replies

Upgrade Frameware

alouchi933
Level 1
Level 1

I am a new user for LMS 3.2

i have to issue to do but i don't know how

1 - I want to Upgrade the Frameware of my switch from the LMS, there are any configurations needed on the Switch?? and how i can Upgraded them?

2 - I want to Backup the Swtich configurations to my Hard disk, how i can do this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Uncheck all of the boxes except "Include Cisco.com images for image recommendation" and you should be set.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

For performing software upgrades using the Software Image Management feature of RME, see http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_resource_manager_essentials/4.3/user/guide/swmgt.html .  To make sure your devices have the proper configuration for doing software upgrades, see http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_resource_manager_essentials/4.3/user/guide/swmgt.html#wp1313744 .

RME will automatically archive the configurations from your devices as soon as it manages them.  To make sure this happens, you need to have correct credentials for the devices in the Device Credential Repository.  You must have at least an SNMP read-write credential configured or telnet/SSH usernames and passwords.  More details on configuration archive management can be found at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_resource_manager_essentials/4.3/user/guide/config.html .

ok, i try to create step by step

first i setup the user name and password in cisco.com user Account Setup in picture 1

second i try to upgrade knowledge base, i get the message in pictures 2 and 3

i can't go to the step 2

then i add a Software Repository Management for one off my switch, i downloaded all is fine in picture 4

then i configure my switch, i create rcp and i configure all traps and community, and i modify the system preferences with cwuser created in rcp

finally wen i go to software distribution i select the device, i get this result in picture 8

i have some miss configurations?? what is the problem??

Another problem bring up i have an error when i communicate with my switch,

i check the configuration of SNMP, it's Read and Wright (RW)

i can view the configurations changed in RME, it's updated normally,

i can get all syslog

but the devices are Unreachable in picture 1

and i can't open ciscoview i picture 2

i don't understand, the problem is with the communications!!!

NB: i can connect via telnet

any body can help me?

Start a new thread for this issue.

Post a screenshot of RME > Admin > Software Mgmt > View/Edit Preferences and the swim_debug.log.

This is what you ordered and thank you for your cooperation.

Uncheck all of the boxes except "Include Cisco.com images for image recommendation" and you should be set.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco