cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Disable 'automatically not ready state' in CAD ?!

Zapparoli
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everybody, sorry about im here again, but i have some trouble at all.

When a call arrive to an agent, if the agent is ready but they dont answer the call, the system put then in not ready automatically, but i want to be in ready state all the time.

There are some parameters that i change this rule?

I try to change some kinds of parameters in the cisco administrator desktop, but no success.

Thanks.

9 Replies 9

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In AppAdmin under System Parameters there is a setting to change exactly this.  But!  It's a global change.  So be mindful changing it.

Ok. But where i change this parameters?? The AppAdmin is where? Sorry about the misunderstood

I use UCCE, it is not UCCX

That would have been good information to know.  Sorry, now I can't help you anymore, you're one of them. 

Can anyone help me?

Zapparoli wrote:

Can anyone help me?

I can help you, but you may not like the answer.

How are you doing RONA - with CVP or IP IVR?

Regards,

Geoff

Geoff, there isnt CVP or IPIVR. But i found the solution..

In CallManager I set up the option about 5 rings transfer to default rout point. And ADS i set up the ring no answer time to 120 minutes, so the call will ring five times and will be route to default route point again.

In the past, the call ringed 120 minutes or later and the agent became not ready.

Thanks guys.

Topic Closed

You have a UCCE with CallManager but no IPIVR or CVP?

Agent Desk Settings is what changes the state.

If you had CVP you could set the CVP requery timer and not the Agent Desk Settings (leave it at 120) - they are independent.

With IPIVR they are combined - you set the the timer and the dialed number and make sure the CUCM ring no answer timer is much longer so it doesn't kick in.

You've done the opposite.

I've got to ask though - why do you want to do this? If an agent gets up from their desk and leaves themselves in the "ready" state, a call is delivered, and after 5 rings gets routed again. But this agent is the ONLY available agent so again, their phone rings, and round and round it goes. 

Why is this a good thing?        

Regards,

Geoff

I don't know too. A Customer here asked me about this, because he want, so I need to do this. Crazy Customer...

Thanks Geoff..

Hi

I'd agree with Geoff - I work with UCCX and get this query all the time.

100% of the time it's raised by the Agents who don't like the fact they have to proactively manage their state; like pressing 'ready' is difficult. They're generally accustomed to being in a hunt group and pickup group, and simply answering calls when they feel like it (or not) if their phone rings, and hitting pickup when the sound of other people's phones in the room ringing away at empty desks gets too much...

If you don't allow the system to make agents not ready, you tend to find that:

- calls ring around on empty desks all day

- agents will then demand pickup groups, and the customer's admin will add them when you aren't there to tell them to read the release notes..

- pickup groups mean agents get stuck in reserved and the reports all go to pot

- your fancy Contact Centre is now just a longest idle hunt group with scrambled reports

Essentially the Contact Center servers may as well have not been bought as CCM can do a hunt group on it's own just fine.

It's usually worth pointing out to the Supervisors/Management:

- the advantage of reports in terms of managing/justifying staff and measuring performance

- the benefit to customers of being queued/serviced in a sensible way and getting through as quickly as possible to 'ready' agents rather than bouncing around unattended or ignored phones

- the flexibilty of what you can do whilst customers are held in a queue rather than bouncing around the office

And then leave it to the supervisors/management to bring their agents up to speed.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts..

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: