cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPS Client vs/ and OCS

iptuser55
Level 6
Level 6

We have CUPS installed for a small test at the same time our deskside guys are running OCS as a test as well. I`m possible looking to implement CUPS as part of OCS as CUCIMOC.The  issue I seem to have is the link up between the phone and OCS/CUPS client,

We use EM so ideally if the user logs off the Phone we want the status to be replicated to the clients  - I`ve been told this is not achievable - what about OCS

If the user logs off their P.C or hibernates we would like what to be replicated to the status of OCS, CUPS

what is the interaction between the two

Can someone point me to a URL regarding the installation of  CUCIMOC with OCS what is needed on the OCS side ?

thanks

3 Replies 3

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

EM logoff will not be mapped to CUPS or OCS.  CUPS gets onhook/offhook status from CUCM.  CUCM does not send update to CUPS when user logon/logoff EM.

If the user logs off / hibernate his/her PC, availability status will eventually time out.  You'll see him/her as offline after the time out.  If you're using CUPS, you'll still be able to see his phone presence.  Because phone presence and reachability was handled by CUPS differently.  This is not the case with CUCIMOC.  If MOC client was logged off (or hibernated), you won't be able to see his/her phone status.  Because phone presence was updated by CUCIMOC (instead of CUPS server).

If you decided to use CUCIMOC solution, there's no confguration required on OCS side.  There's no communication between CUCIMOC and OCS.  Of course, if you want to use CUCIMOC, you need to configure your CUCM server.

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

Michael,

Thanks for you reply

CUCIMOC - So there is no interaction with OCS .I want to install CUCIMOC for testing but I want to limit the amount of changes needed in OCS. So does the install of CUCIMOC just "assign" it self to OCS client?

thanks

CUCIMOC is a plug-in for MOC.  It interact with MOC to get contact phone number and update MOC status when phone status changes.  Since it does not interact with OCS, no configuration is required on OCS side.

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com