cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Question about configuring a ASA 5510

southpaw34
Level 1
Level 1

I am in the process of setting up our 5510 to replace our current SonicWall at my place of work.  When looking at our SonicWall config I noticed that the IP addresses we have setup for our phone vendor to access the PBX systems at our various sites are set up with a begining IP range and end range which are static.  These addresses go any where from 2 to 5 addresses and when you configure them through the SonicWall it lets you set a begining range and ending range.  Looking through the ASDM console I dont see away to define a range of static addresses for servers.  Do I need to enter in every PBX seperatly or is there a way to define a range like 192.xxx.xxx.200 through 192.xxx.xxx.205.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

southpaw34 wrote:

I am in the process of setting up our 5510 to replace our current SonicWall at my place of work.  When looking at our SonicWall config I noticed that the IP addresses we have setup for our phone vendor to access the PBX systems at our various sites are set up with a begining IP range and end range which are static.  These addresses go any where from 2 to 5 addresses and when you configure them through the SonicWall it lets you set a begining range and ending range.  Looking through the ASDM console I dont see away to define a range of static addresses for servers.  Do I need to enter in every PBX seperatly or is there a way to define a range like 192.xxx.xxx.200 through 192.xxx.xxx.205.

You can use object-groups but it does depends on whether you can summarise the range eg.

object-group network PBX

network-object 192.xx.xx.200 255.255.255.252

network-object host 192.xx.xx.205

would cover 192.xx.xx.200 -> 205

then in an acl you would refer to it as -

access-list outside_in permit tcp object-group PBX eq

Jon

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

southpaw34 wrote:

You can use object-groups but it does depends on whether you can summarise the range eg.

object-group network PBX

network-object 192.xx.xx.200 255.255.255.252

network-object host 192.xx.xx.205

would cover 192.xx.xx.200 -> 205

then in an acl you would refer to it as -

access-list outside_in permit tcp object-group PBX eq

Jon

Thanks Jon, I was actually just looking into that and thought that was the way it sh

ould be done.

So if I had multiple PBX's I would create object groups then

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card