cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Data Collection in Campus Manager hung

rcurran02
Level 1
Level 1

I am running LMS 3.2 and Campus Manager 5.2.1.  My data collection in Campus  Manger for my devices does not complete and runs indefinitely.  It has been hung in the "running" state for the past week and will not complete.  I only way I found to get it out of the "running" state is to reset the ANIServer service and reboot the server.  I have had this problem since I have upgraded to LMS 3.2.  Does anyone have any input of this issue or possible solutions? 

6 Replies 6

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Post the ani.log.

Can't it is over 1.8 GB

large.

can I clear the log while the data collection is in the "running" state

No.  Shutdown Daemon Manager, zero out the contents of the ani.log.  Restart Daemon Manager, then re-run Data Collection.  When it hangs, post the new log file.

The data collection hung again as expected over the weekend.  The ANI.log file grew to 1.8 GB again.  It is to large for me to open it.  I could try to split it up into smaller files.  What should be my next course of action?

Compress the logs.  They are text, and should compress rather well.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: