cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Delay problems with IPCelerate between sites

aaron
Level 1
Level 1

I am working at a site that uses IPCelerate (iCast) to page to the Cisco IP phones.  We have recently connected a remote site via a point-to-point T1.  We have no issues with the Cisco VoIP system or the computers in the newly connected remote site.  We are having inconsistent results with the IPCelerate product, however.  The issue arises when placing an audio page (multicast) to the zone configured in iCast for this remote site.  The symptom is that sometimes we don't receive the audio page to the phones for about the first 10 seconds of the message.  If the caller making the page stays connected to the IPCelerate server, and continues talking for more than the 10 seconds, the audio begins to play out of the phones at the remote site.  Other times, however, the audio page begins playing out of the phones at the remote site instantly.

Is there an effective way to evaluate and eliminate this delay between sites for this application?  Based upon what I know about the IPCelerate product, it should only be generating a 110Kb stream for the multicast page, and potentially an additional 110Kb stream from the source phone to the server (if the call is originating from a phone at the remote site).  This should not be an issue, even on a T1, from my experience.  Anyone have any ideas how to make this work realiably?

Thanks in advance,

Aaron

1 Reply 1

BradEast1
Level 3
Level 3

Did you ever find a resolution to this problem? I am experiencing a similar issue...

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card