cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ringing while on a call - CME 8

nbcsecurities
Level 1
Level 1

Ok, I am very new to CME, we just converted over last night. Over all things went well, but I have a VERY strange issue. I have a user that while she is on a call, hears ringing on the line. Not actually her phone ringing, but the ring you would expect to hear after dialing an out side number. She has a 7940 with a 7914 side car and it doesnt seem to matter what line she is on. Both sides of the call can hear the ringing, but it will ring for ever so I dont think its actually dialing a number, just ringing... Any ideas?

6 Replies 6

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You mean ringback tones heard by both parties ?

Do you have analog lines, it may be call-waiting by telco ?

Try to find out under which conditions it occurs.

Exactly, both sides can hear the ring back after the call is active and both parties are on the line. All the lines are on a PRI so no analog lines, and no special features running on the PRI. The T1 is comming on a vWIC... So far, it seems like only calls from out of state are having the issue. And only this one user...

Never heard anything like that.

I would recommend you go onsite and investigate in person, often users report things than then are different from reality.

Actually am on site, and was able to hear a call she had a chance to hear a call that was doing it.

FW used on phone and sidecar ?

load 7914 S00105000400
load 7960-7940 P00308010200

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: