cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

unity 7 CH unable to transfer to hunt pilot

mikeduffy13
Level 1
Level 1

Hey everyone - so I'm running into a problem that I thought would be easy to fix, but I'm having a heck of a time trying to figure out why this isn't working.  here's what I'm trying to do.

CH - HR

Greeting with menu options 1,2,3

option 1 goes to a Unity subscriber (fine)

options 2 and 3 both need to go to CH - HR2, which is set to transfer calls to extension 7441 (hunt pilot)

Whever I try to dial options 2 or 3, I get dead air and the call is never transferred.  I have the call transfer rule set to transfer to x7441 release to switch.  The alternate call transfer rule is enabled.  What am I doing wrong here??

6 Replies 6

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Maybe I'm reading this wrong but please clarify:

You want options 2 and 3 to go to another Call Handler and then transfer to a Hunt Pilot OR the call is to transfer to the hunt pilot on options 2 and 3 from teh CH-HR menu?

Hailey

So technically both of your comments are correct.

The ultimate goal is to have options 2 and 3 go to a hunt pilot number. 

As far as I know, the only way to "forward" caller input to an external extension is to send the input to another caller handler within Unity and then set the call transfer options on that call handler to transfer to an external number. 

If there is a simpler way to make caller input from the first call handler (CH-HR) go to an external number, I do not know it.

So confirm if this is what you have:

Caller input options to go to CH-HR2 (Hunt Pilot) set to go to Call Handler, Attempt transfer for CH-HR2.

For CH-HR2, set the greeting as blank and then set the transfer options to transfer to to a phone, transfer to this extension - and the extension Unity must dial to reach the Hunt Pilot.

If the extension is external, makes sure your call routing rules allow it to be dialed.  If it is internal do the same, but make sure you put in the number of digits the PBX or CUCM is expecting from Unity.

D. Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

If you're transferring from call handler A to call handler B; the first stop is going to be anything configured in the "Call Transfer" menu on call handler B.  So, if you've got any configuration in there, it will process that first, prior to playing any greetings, after greeting actions, etc.  If you're hearing dead air, you'll want to confirm that you don't have any potential one way audio going on.  Another thing you may want to look into are the Skinny TSP traces from Unity to confirm that Unity actually transferred the call.

Hope that helps,

Brad

ashrafkhanm
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am running into the same problem. There is no configuration issue. I replaced the Call handler 2 with a dummy subscriber and it worked. Here is what I have done !!!

Configure 7441 as a Subscriber in Unity.

CH1 ---> option2 (Attempt Transfer to Subscriber 7441)

CH1 ---> option3 (Attempt Transfer to Subscriber 7441)

Replacing the CH with Dummy subscriber is not the ultimate solution. But still it works for the time being.

mikeduffy13
Level 1
Level 1

Ok - so I figured it out.  Very minor brain lapse on my part...

I knew I had this exact same scenario working in the past (so I knew routing rules allowed what I was trying to accomplish).  All I wanted was for caller input options 2 and 3 on the main call handler to transfer to a hunt pilot number on CCM.  Here was what I was trying to do:

Incoming call --> x8200 (this is a CTI Route Point to the main call Handler CH-HR)

CH-HR --> Caller presented with options 1 - 2 - 3

Option 1 --> Sent to another Unity Subscriber

Option 2 --> Sent to CH-HR2 (Secondary Unity Call Handler to transfer call to a hunt pilot (x7441) number on CCM)

Option 3 --> Sent to CH-HR2 (Secondary Unity Call Handler to transfer call to a hunt pilot (x7441) number on CCM)

***This is where I made my mistake.  On the secondary call handler, I never gave it an extension.  I only set the call transfer rules to release calls to the switch to extension x7441 (my hunt pilot I am trying to reach).  So this is where is gets confusing.  That hunt pilot number is also the extension number of group voicemail box in Unity.  I did this because I needed calls going through this hunt group (if unanswered) to end up in a common mailbox.  This being the case, I couldn't use x7441 as the extension on the secondary call handler CH-HR2 because Unity would see it as already in use.  The solution:  simple - I just used another internal extension to assign to the secondary call handler.  I suspect this did not function originally because Unity would have been transferring to CM from a "non-existent" extension.

Solution:

Incoming call --> x8200 (this is a CTI Route Point to the main call Handler CH-HR)

CH-HR --> Caller presented with options 1 - 2 - 3

Option 1 --> Sent to another Unity Subscriber

Option 2 --> Sent to CH-HR2 profile assigned x7440

Option 3 --> Sent to CH-HR2 profile assigned x7440

CH-HR2 --> All calls set to transfer to x7441 (hunt pilot)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: