Call flow question Call Handler

Unanswered Question
Aug 6th, 2010
User Badges:

Just curious if anyone out there knows a definate anwser for how call

flow works for a Call Handler.

A little setup senario,

Centralized Call Manager \ Unity and multiple locations (cities).

Site A is where the all the servers are, all sites have local PSTN gateways.

Site B sets up a CTI route point that is a call handler with a menu for callers to pick transfers options. One option is to an OffNet external number that is local to Site B.

7 digit dialing is only for local calls we have 10 digit dialing for everything else with TEHO for site A if it matches etc.

My question is when a CH for a CTI route point that is local to site B tries to transfer a call does it use the CSS that is local to it a.k.a site A (which btw the voice mail ports in Call Manager are set to site A's CSS) and thus would require me to enter the 10 digit number or should I still be able to make it happen with 7 digits ??

We recently upgraded from Call Manager 6 to 7 and shortly after we recieved an issue that the CH in question was not working. It was setup as 7 digit and had been that way for 2 years without a complaint ? We changed it to 10 digit and it works now, and makes sense since the ports all use site A's CSS...so maybe it was always broken but just seems odd.

Though perhaps if anyone can save me a ton of research time by telling me a definate anwser for how Unity call flow works with regards to external numbers etc that would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Overall Rating: 4 (1 ratings)
Jaime Valencia Fri, 08/06/2010 - 18:08
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,
  • Hall of Fame,

The only difference between a VM port and a phone in terms of how it routes calls is that a phone create the final CSS (line + device) a VM port is the other way around (device + line)

Other than that, the behavior is no different. If you need to dial from your phone 9 + 7 digits and the VM ports have access to the same route pattern, you need to dial the same way from Unity.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

Actions

This Discussion