Views
Helpful
Replies

Vlan Access

webmasterware
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

we have some issues with the UC550 connecting itself to an accesspoint via CCA from a router. The connection works fine and calls can be made, it's just the connection for while administering the UC540.

Setup (only relevant parts):

--- wan --- router if1 | [192.168.10.200] | --- UC500 fe1

if2 | [10.1.1.200]     | --- UC500 fe2

In words: two interfaces of our router which have each an IP of UC's subnets, are connected to tweo interfaces of the UC.

I can ping the UC (192.168.10.1 and 10.1.1.1), I can connect to it from the laptop/router and I can ping devices within those subnets from the UC but not from my laptop or router.

Also, when I connect via CCA to the UC it finds the Accesspoint (10.1.1.202) but it can't connect itself to it, so I can't add it to the site for example.

I can't get it to work, could anyone please help me with this?

Thanks

Mike

3 Replies 3

David Hornstein
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Michal,

English is not your first language. That is ok, I am too dumb to be able to speak another language 

I am having trouble understanding your problem description and your network setup..

Would it be possible to put together a better network diagram.  Even use Windows paint, it is better than no diagram at all.

regards David

Hi David,

thank you for your prompt feedback and I apologize both for my late reply and for my hardly understandable description of our problem. It was really, really late after a few very long shifts we had to do.

I attached a better network diagram to this post and I hope you can now understand our setup.

The problem we now have is as follows:

We try to access our UC500 and it's subnets / VLANS from the SBS2003.

What works:

We can access the UC540 by HTTPS on 10.1.1.1 and 192.168.75.2. When we connect to the UC540 with CCA it is found and can be edited. The UC also discovers the accesspoints (10.1.1.201 and .202) and displays them in the neighborhood but here the problem starts:

The UC doesn't seem to be able to connect to those AP. When scanning the site the AP are discovered and I am asked for the credentials to the AP but then they marked with a red cross and it says "IOS command not found".

When I then connect to the UC the AP is displayed as "in the neighborhood" but when I try to add it to the site i get an error message stating "Output of /exec/show/ver/CR not found".

So what are we doing wrong?

Hi David,

haven't heard from you again on this subject. No ideas what we can do here?

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: