Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Forward by Speed dial Button or shortcut

andre
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

We're currently using CCM 4.2.x (upgrade to 8 within the next 4 Weeks), but in the meantime I'm in need of a "special" feature.

I need to assign a call forward to a speed dial button or a short cut. I know there is the call forward button, but this requires the user to enter the number manually. I'd love to use a button / shortcut which is pre-programmed with e.g. the users mobile number, so they only need to press this button and everything get forwarded automatically to the mobile without the need to enter any number.

Is there something like this?

Another thing:

Can I have a speeddial button which allows the user to append numbers?

e.g. we often need to call our HQ (no VoIP Trunk yet), so I'd live to have e.g. +37 435 667754 in a speeddial allowing the user to press this button and after that enter e.g. 123 immediately after that, whereas 123 is the DDI he wants to call.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Andre

7 Replies 7

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

1. Press CfwdAll

2. Press speed-dial button.

3. Press EndCall

Hi

thanks, I know about this option (which is at least better than entering the whole number over and over again), just thought, there might be ashorter way,e.g. a "code" I enter in front of a speeddial which letzt the system use the number as a call forward number.

There is no way to set just a 1 button CFA.

The shortest way is what Paolo mentioned.

As for dialing after the speed dial there is a cucm service parameter for this, can't recall the name and don't have access to a server right now but just search "speed dial" or "wait" in the cucm service parameters and one of them allows you to dial after pressing a speed dial.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

Hello,

Good tips Paolo and Java! 5pts for you!

Andre, just to complete Java's idea, the parameter is Speed Dial Await Further Digits.

Description: This parameter specifies whether Cisco CallManager waits for further digits before extending the call when a call is initiated via use of a speed-dial button. If additional digits are not received by the time that the value that is specified in the T302 Timer expires, Cisco CallManager tries to connect the call by using just the speed-dialed digits. Valid values specify True (Cisco CallManager accepts the speed-dial number and awaits further digits) or False (default, Cisco CallManager immediately extends the call by using the number that is specified in the speed-dial button that the user pressed).

Good luck,

Kind regards,

- Adrian.

Hi there,

Just to add to the great information if you use extension mobility you could create a logout profile with a cfwdAll set on the line so when the user logs out his phone it would automatically forward to the destination.

Bernd
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm facing the same request. Any news on this? 

Regards

Bernd

No, the behavior has not been changed.

HTH

java

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: