Views
Helpful
Replies

IP phones controlling

valiegenus
Level 1
Level 1

Dears,

I have UCCE system with around 500 agents , sometimes CC supervisors complained from issues such as that the agents can't make conference, or outbound dialing,..etc , i simulate the agent phone on my desktop by CIPC but that does't help sometimes. my question :are there some tools or ways that by which i can control the ip phones pf agents remotly (dialing,making conf, transfer,..etc)

and if there is a tool, is it  free?

UCCE 7.2.6,CUCM 6.x

Regards

5 Replies 5

Wha texactly do you want to do by controlling remotely?  You 'could' say that CTIOS/CAD control the phone remotely, you don't have to be physically present to answer a call, dial out, conference etc from the desktop itself.

Now, about your problems, have you looked at any logs yet?  Maybe you have an MTP issue, maybe the agents are trying to conference to a UCM extension which doesnt exist.  Start with the logs and take it from there.

david

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Anthony,

Thank you for the link, but what exactly would you use that for?  I'm trying to understand where this tool fits in and I'm having a hard time finding a way to justify the extra expense.

david

One such case:  You have a small remote office over an hour drive away, and you found out that these phones have their TFTP settings hardcoded, and you need to point them to a new address.

The OP is asking for a solution that will allow him to remotely control the Agent's phone, for what appears to be a troubleshooting convenience.  Rather than have to ask the user to press this button, then that button, just do it for them.

Anthony,

Thank you for the example.

david

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: