Views
Helpful
Replies

4esw is not giving power to ip phone

nareh84
Level 3
Level 3

hi,

I have 4esw switch inserted int the hwic slot of 2811 router...but when i connect my ip phone with it .. its not geting the poe power...i removed the 4esw module from 2811 router and when i connected it to 2801 slot (only word slot is written on router not hwic).. ip phone is powering on via poe....When i noted the power supply 2811 power supply was 2A and 2801 supply was 5A.. I think i need to get 5A supply what you people suggest.

Regards

Nareh

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need a POE power supply in router. Look in datashet all the part numbers are in there.

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

This doc details what's required: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps5853/product_data_sheet0900aecd8016bf0b_ps5855_Products_Data_Sheet.html

You need a POE capable PSU.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

i got ac supply...is there separate supply for inline power and for AC power. or AC powersupply can be converted into inline power supply using the PSU cable.

Regards

Nareh

i bought PartNumber CISCO2811 and i should have bought CISCO2811-AC-IP. CAN i convert the AC power supply using PSU cable or i have to buy AC-IP Powersupply?

Regards

Nareh

Hi

They are different parts; the PoE PSU is a different spec and has an extra cable for PoE supply which isn't present on the standard one.

You need the other PSU.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: