Connecting WRV210 to WRV210 for VPN

Unanswered Question
Aug 8th, 2010

Hi all,

I'm trying to establish an IPSEC VPN tunnel by connecting a WRV210 router at one office to another WRV210 router at another office (allowing all computers at each office to network). I think i have it for the most part, but want ot verify that i understand the settings:

NAT-Traversal is disabled (although not sure if this WRV210<->WRV210 routers counts as being behind a NAT firewall deal)

Local Secure Group: type is subnet, IP address is 192.168.1.0, mask is 255.255.255.0

***Should local secure group IP address be set to 192.168.1.0 or the Internet IP address of the local router (eg. 67.67.154.53)?

Remote Secure Group: I have set to Any. (Does this mean that any computer can attempt to access the tunnel, or only computers that connect through the other WRV210 router can attempt to connect to the tunnel. I'm assuming this means any computer connecting through the WRV210 router of the remote office, which i am assuming is the remote secure gateway, can connect to the VPN tunnel.)

Remote Secure Gateway: I have FQDN for type, and have put the domain name of the remote router using dyndns.com (eg. office2.dyndns.org)

The pre-shared key is the same on each router, however the local wireless key is different, in case that matters.

Does this make sense/ is correct? Obviously I do not work in the IT field, so any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank You!!

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

Actions

This Discussion