Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM AD intergation licence

Do you need a seperate licence to intergrate CUCM 6 with AD?currently we are running CUM with about 3000 phones and 2000 users and AD intergration hasnt been place at the first place and we needing to intergrate it due to management difficulties and phone directory issues.could please advise me whether i need seperate cisco licence for this and any issues i will be facing?Thank you

Environment :

3 subscribers and 1 unity connection server

***Please rate all the useful posts***
-Prabath
2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You do not need a license for this feature.  The most common issue seen is the "garbage in, garbage out" effect.  If user accounts are not up to date or there are application user or test accounts in the OU(s) that you import from then those users will be seen in the directory and any bad user information will be seen in the directory as well.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

View solution in original post

Yes, LDAP import will overwrite the end user DB. Users that do not exist in LDAP will be purged. If you have users for applications, it is best to use the CUCM application user type, where supported. Otherwise, you'll have to create those users in LDAP so they are not deleted.

Pls rate helpful posts...

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You do not need a license for this feature.  The most common issue seen is the "garbage in, garbage out" effect.  If user accounts are not up to date or there are application user or test accounts in the OU(s) that you import from then those users will be seen in the directory and any bad user information will be seen in the directory as well.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Thank you for that.another quick question.what will happen to my existing 2000 users in the end users section?I've just started reading and it was mentioned that its gonna delete the existing user data base.If its so this would lead me to few issues as we do have some tapi accounts and application here and there.I'm just trying to get this to correct path seems bit difficult than i thought.Thanks for the advise.I'll keep reading

***Please rate all the useful posts***
-Prabath

Yes, LDAP import will overwrite the end user DB. Users that do not exist in LDAP will be purged. If you have users for applications, it is best to use the CUCM application user type, where supported. Otherwise, you'll have to create those users in LDAP so they are not deleted.

Pls rate helpful posts...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: