cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Automating system backup

pro4ianyc
Level 1
Level 1

I know that I can backup the system via the CME/CUE gui at 10.1.10.1 to a FTP server.

Is there any way I can automate this to run on a schedule?

thanks!

4 Replies 4

If you are running the latest version of CUE you can schedule recurring backups to an FTP server. However, this functionality does not exist for the CME side of things. You'll need backup your IOS config whenever changes are made.

If you are complying to the CCA OOB config guidlines then you can use CCA to do a full backup of all system content, but I'm pretty sure this can not be on a recurring schedule.

Cole

I see the option from the GUI as you mentioned.

Is having a backup from CUE gui and the latest running config enough to restore the system to a new hardware incase of hardware failure?

or do you recommend CCA backup over this method?

Is there a guide here on how to properly backup the system and restore in case of disaster?  Thanks for your response.

Having a CUE backup of at least the configuration and data as well as the IOS config will be enough to restore the entire system. CCA backup should be good enough as well. You can never have too many backups.

Also, make sure the hardware is the same as you could run into some problems restoring to different hardware, particularly with CUE.

I agree.  I think hardware and also the software version should be important.  Thanks for the info.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: