cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WebVPN with VNC Enterprise

patwill66_2
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone been able to use webvpn and a client compatible with VNC enterprise server?  My company just moved to the VNC enterprise server to support encryption and single sign on but the cisco provided VNC client for WebVPN doesnt support encryption or anything but the VNC password.

TightVNC has released a beta java applet that supports encryption and other authentication methods but the ASA errors when I try to load it.

With all the security that Cisco employs I find it hard to believe the only client that is supported is an unsecure connection method.  Anyone do this before?

2 Replies 2

Paul Carco
Level 1
Level 1

As you may know Cisco merely provides the plug-ins but they are open source.   For your clientless users have you considered using a Smart-Tunnel for the newer VNC Client?  Of course the client would need to be installed on all the users devices.

Yes, I have looked into smart tunnels but that wont work for us, as the people connecting in are not our employees on our machines, they are vendors providing remote support.  So that is why we went with WebVPN, no installation necessary on their computers.  I opened a ticket with TAC to see if they had any recommendations but its not looking promising.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: