Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUE Dutch language on UC560 v8.0

Hello is there someone who can tell me on how to install the Dutch language on the CUE.

- Placing all localization files on right place before running Telephony Wizard does not work

- Software upgrade doesnt work also (no Dutch language listed although I have the lang file in the same directory as the main file, btw when is someone changing the helpfile on this topic, it refers to an -ise- instead of the main file ???)

- Voicemail upgrade doesnt work either.

- FTP install on the CUE, nana... wrong package error....

Why does the CUE install have to be so hard. Every UC box costs me an extra day to configure just because the CUE localization is way below standards. Cisco fix this please !!!!!!!!!

35 Replies 35

Alberto Montilla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dear Sir;

Which CCA version are you using? CUE localization should go ok with CCA 2.2(4), provided you have the right files. Link below.

https://upload.cisco.com/cgi-bin/swc/fileexg/main.cgi/cue-vm-nl_NL-langpack.uc560.7.1.3.prt1?menu=download&file=144023.bin&encrypted_flag=0&file_name=FileExg/30348/144023.bin/cue-vm-nl_NL-langpack.uc560.7.1.3.prt1&CONTYPES=UC500&sub_forum=5 UC 560 CUE Localization Software

Regards;
Alberto

Thx for the reply

I use these files (i will include every file):

- UC560-8.0.0.zip

- CME-locale-nl_NL-Dutch-7.0.1.1.tar

- cue-vm-nl_NL-langpack.uc560.7.1.3.prt1

I extracted SCUE-UC560-7.1.3.zip from the UC zipfile.

I am using CCA 2.2.4 now. Did the initial install with 2.2.2.

Is it possible that someone can give me a step by step explanation how to go from a virgin UC to a localized one with a config using the wizard (dont need tweaks, this is good enough). Most of the documentation is CME-based and will not in every situation work for the UC and not all the documentation is always properly updated for the newer versions.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2028676

--

To change the CUE language locale you need to place the CUE langpack in  the same directory as the cue-main.uc500.x.x.x.pkg, which requires you  to unzip the SWP and also the file SCUE-UC500-x.x.x.zip. In CCA you  would go to Maintenance > Software Upgrade > Upgrade Settings and  select the CUE radio button along w/ the language you want to change to.  The image file that you need to browse to is the  cue-main.uc500.x.x.x.pkg file and not the cue langpack file. The error  message is misleading and our engineering team is working on changing it  in future CCA versions.

--

Can you try the above?

--
Anthony Yeung
Technical Marketing Engineer
Small Business Technolog Group

I have done this but I used the files with 560 in it. Is there a difference ?

The 560 files are the right ones to use. Were you still not able to localize CUE with the posted directions?

--
Anthony Yeung

Sorry it will not work. When I follow the last steps, the Dutch language disappears from the drop down

list after selecting the cue-main file.

I just noticed that I have the same problem in the lab. Let me investigate this issue and I'll get back to you.

--
Anthony Yeung

Thx for the effort ! Nothing personal but battling these CUE localization issues becomes very frustrating. I hope that there will be an end-all language package which you kinda plugin in CCA (menu option !)  before installation of the UC. This will save loads of time and lots of frustrations.

Hope to hear from you soon !

NP. Since you mentioned it there are plans to improve the localization process in future CCA releases. At the moment when you localize CUE you go through the upgrade process to change the language. Instead we plan to optimize this task by only changing the CUE language without going through the upgrade process. Also, we will slowly start bundling the individual locale files w/ the SWP so that you won't have to do any file management like unzipping files to change the locale.

--
Anthony Yeung

In the meantime I have upgraded the box to 8.02 because the B-ACD scripts crashed the machine. After the upgrade B-ACD worked as intended.

No effect on the CUE locale installtion though.

Hang in there. Just wanted to let you know we are still investigating this issue and we did not forget about you. :-)

-Anthony

Still there and waiting :-) In the meantime the client is up and running now (with US VM).

We identified that this is a problem in CCA. We'll see what we can do to get this fixed in CCA 3.0.

In the mean time you'll have to use OOB methods to switch the CUE locale.

Thanks,

Anthony

Hi Anthony,

In the mean time you'll have to use OOB methods to switch the CUE locale.

Could you be more specific on this ? Currently I don't see any option to get the Dutch language loaded on the CUE.

Hopefully it will be fixed earlier than v3.0 because localization is very important when selling an UC solution, otherwise we have to keep on selling UC520s because they can run v7.x which can have a localized CUE.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: