Splash page option close web browsing on WLC 5508.

Unanswered Question
Aug 9th, 2010
User Badges:

We have at problem when we are using the Spash Page Web Redirect option on a WLC, both 4402 and 5508. After 1½ min. after we have started to use the browser, where we first get the splash page and then surf further on, the network trafick stops. For me it seems that there i a Bug in the firmware, 6.0.199.0. We want to use the funktion on 7 different schools, so that the students will be redirectet to a info web page with the news and changes about schetdule og the day.

So the funktion about to get the splash page working fint and it is possibel to surf futher on, BUT the trafic stop after about 1 - 2 min. with surfing.

Can anyone help?

Best Regards

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Rollin Kibbe Wed, 08/18/2010 - 08:57
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

Hi alfnetadm:

There are a number of issues in the 6.0.199.0 software for the wireless LAN controllers.  You would probably do well to open a service request with TAC against your controller model, and traffic failing to pass after a few minutes on a WLAN.  An engineer will be assigned to the service request and can get details and logs about your specific incident and match it up with known problems in 6.0.199.0.

Sincerely,

Rollin Kibbe

Network Management Systems Team

Leo Laohoo Wed, 08/18/2010 - 15:47
User Badges:
  • Super Gold, 25000 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

The Hall of Fame designation is a lifetime achievement award based on significant overall achievements in the community. 

• Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 LAN, Wireless

Hi alfnetadm:

There are a number of issues in the 6.0.199.0 software for the wireless LAN controllers.  You would probably do well to open a service request with TAC against your controller model, and traffic failing to pass after a few minutes on a WLAN.  An engineer will be assigned to the service request and can get details and logs about your specific incident and match it up with known problems in 6.0.199.0.

Sincerely,

Rollin Kibbe
Network Management Systems Team

In light of this, upgrade to 7.0.
Allan Fredslund Thu, 08/19/2010 - 23:59
User Badges:

Well. We have tried the version 7, but it seems to that there is another bug inn that version where it mixing packets frem different VLAN. That is very bad and that i the reason using the 6.0.199.0 version af the software.

We will make a support case.

Best ragards

alfnetadm

PS:: I have got a new account on the Cisco web.

Actions

This Discussion

Related Content

Trending Topics - Security & Network