Views
Helpful
Replies

UC540 Customer site choose between SIP and BRI for ephones

dvandewege
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

At a customer site I have installed an UC540 with one dualline isdn2 trunk and a SIP trunk configured. Incoming phonecalls are handled correctly. In my config outgoing phonecalls depend on the priority of the dial-peer (sip or pstn) whether the phonecals go out via SIP or pstn.

Is there a way to route one ephone through the SIP trunk and an other through ISDN? (CCA or CLI)

Kind regards,

DimiW

5 Replies 5

antyeung
Level 4
Level 4

Corlists, but not supported by CCA.The Cisco Press Voice Gateways and Gatekeepers book does a good job explaining it.

--
Anthony Yeung
Technical Marketing Engineer
Small Business Technolog Group

Thanks for the response.

Does this mean that in the next release of CME v8.1 where multiple SIP trunks are supported I have to configure outgoing calls with corlists similar as you discribed in your reply? Or will there be support for that in CCA?

Kind regards,

DimiW

I did see that multiple SIP trunk configuration is on the roadmap for CCA. I don't have an exact date of implementation but it is on the list.

I will forward this thread to the PM.

Steve DiStefano

Technology Solutions Architect - Partner Sales

Cisco Systems

Research Triangle Park

North Carolina, U.S.A

www.cisco.com/smb

Support for Multiple SIP Trunk Providers is planned for the Q2CY2011 release of CCA.

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Here's one way to do this. The following link refers specifically to FXS/FXO ports, but the concept can be applied in your scenario.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_configuration_example09186a00801bc341.shtml

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: