Views
Helpful
Replies

Weird warning message @ CTS3000 logs

MIKKO JARVELA
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Two of our CTS3000 systems have started to give weird warning message into log files. This message appears time to time, ~6-8 time in a day.

WARN Display loopback state removal attempt

We are running sw version CTS 1.6.6(4109), but it happened also with version 1.6.5(4097) as well.

I've tried to find explanation from CTS syslog messages documentation, but no success.

Is this something to be worried about?

/Mikko

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

That message is part of CSCtf94082 you can safely ignore it

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

I wouldnt worried, any pattern, do you see it before a call started?

Do you see it when loopback is started, then stopped?

Any drop calls reported?

Can you upload sysop logs to double check

Thanks

Hi,

Sorry about delay, I had few days off and no e-mails

Attached is sysop log since last reboot from one CTS3000 giving this error message.

Btw - is there any explanation available for that warning message?

Regards, Mikko

Hey Mikko:

I'm having the same behaviour in my CTS3000's, any update on this issue.

Best regards.

Ing. Allan O. Mancera

Hi,

I downgraded both units to 1.6.4(4072) and this message does not appear anymore.

Question is: What is meaning of this error message as it has been added to 1.6.5 version (and later)???

/Mikko

That message is part of CSCtf94082 you can safely ignore it

That cdets is not visible to Cisco outsiders, but I heard from local Cisco SE that it should be fixed in 1.6(4). Fine, still root cause for this message is unknown to me and explanation what this message means. As it is WARNING type of message, I'd like to know what causes this warning. Can you elaborate meaning and cause of this message.

/Mikko

I got full explanation from local Cisco SE and now I understand what this message is meaning. Thanks for help!

Some detailed informaton on this issue for those who do not have it.

Title: Display loopback state removal attempt

Found In Versions1.6.5 / 1.6.6 / 1.6.7 / suspected to be in  1.7.0
Problem DescriptionThe following warning is displayed in the sysop  log: WARN Display loopback state removal attempt
SymptomsThe following warning is displayed in the sysop  log: WARN Display loopback state removal attempt.  This message  may be displayed in multiples of the numbers of displays on the system  (e.g. if there are three displays, there will be three messages  displayed).
Verification steps
  • The following warning is displayed in the sysop log: WARN  Display loopback state removal attempt.
  • There are no errors displayed on the codec regarding the displays  and everything is working fine.
  • Messages are timestamped in the log to match any of the 5 instances  mentioned under root cause.
Root CauseThis is a normal message that occurs in the  following instances:
1.     At the beginning of the call
2.     Whenever we exit recording
3.     Exit self-view (in 1.7.0 onwards)
4.     Exit troubleshooting
5.     Display goes from off to on state (like we plug in presentation)
WorkaroundNo workaround.  This is an informational  message for the 5 causes mentioned above.

Bug Information (if applicable)|
BugIDCSCti41237

Thanks,

Shankar

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: