Views
Helpful
Replies

Bandwidth and Cisco 7513 router

kelvin.hon
Level 1
Level 1

Hello gus,

My company just upgrade the ISP plan from 6M to 10M.

Do i need to upgrade the IOS software of our Cisco 7513 router with two RSP4 to support that ??

If yes, which version should I upgrade.

Thank you very much!!

3 Replies 3

Jayakrishna Mada
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Bandwidth upgrade has nothing to with code on the 7513 router. You should be fine with the current code unless you already had some problems with it.

JayaKrishna

I want to upgrade the IOS because i had tested the speed of the network service. However, It is around 5-6 M not 10M.

And I email my ISP. they said that you IOS version could not support 10M and you should upgrade it.But i not sure which IOS was suitable for my router

to support 10M.

Did you have any idea about that??

thanks!

Hi,

Bandwidth depends on the physical interface not the IOS ofcouse you can use service policy at the ios level and limit it but that is not the case here. I am not sure what your ISP is saying or why he is asking you to upgrade the IOS. As long as you have 10mbps link to your ISP and its negotiating the link properly you should be getting 10 mbps. Ask your ISP based on what are they telling you to upgrade a document or link ?

JayaKrishna

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card