Views
Helpful
Replies

OSPF LSA filtering - -OSPF database

hamalawy1
Level 1
Level 1

hi everyone,

i was setting this ospf lab and as we all know distribute lists only removes LSAs from the router that has the DL on it but it still passes LSA to other routers and they do install this routes in their routing table..

here's the scenario, what if i have AREA 1 and AREA 0, and i want to filer specific routes from passing into  AREA 0.. distribute list on the ABR will only prevent routes from being installed in the ABR's routing table but the ABR will still pass it to routers in the BB area.. i tried route-maps with tagging the routes and filtering them in the outward direction, but the same phenomena happens, and i don't want to use the Area-filter...

any clue??

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Tharak Abraham
Level 3
Level 3

area x range y.y.y.y z.z.z.z not-advertise

This can be done on the ABR to filter LSA 1's from the routers downstream to the areas starting from the ABR.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Tharak Abraham
Level 3
Level 3

area x range y.y.y.y z.z.z.z not-advertise

This can be done on the ABR to filter LSA 1's from the routers downstream to the areas starting from the ABR.

thank you for you exact and quick answer.. tested and working perfectly as i wanted..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: