cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 7.x: When can I run ADSchemaSetup?

r.stockton
Level 1
Level 1

Unity 4.x -> 7.x Unified Messaging - new Domain, Forest and Exchange Server.

Assuming the Exchange server is in place...

Customer would like to run the Schema extension prior to any portion of the Unity server installation.  Can this be done?

The situation is thus:

- Satellite Company has been running it's own Windows Domain, Forest, Unity 4.x, Exchange 2k3, etc.

- Parent Company is bringing the Satellite Company on to it's own Domain, but the Satellite Company is upgrading CUCM, Unity (new Server 7.x), Exchange 2k7 (new Server).

- Parent Company wants to have the Schema Extension done to "their" A/D prior to the Satellite Company installation of the new Unity Server

- Parent Company is in another country with maintenance windows out of sync with Satellite Company

- Patent Company does not wish to grant Schema Admin rights to Satellite Company personal - or Consultants.

So, can I ship them a copy of the DVD, and can they run ADSchema setup prior to me even powering up the Unity Platform Config?  The new Exchange server should already be installed.

Please go easy, I am not an A/D expert by any stretch - I usually just stick to the script 'cause Unity and me struggles

Ta.

-Robert

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Yes - we do this on quite a few installs.

The only tricky thing is if you try to save time by not using the DVD there are a bunch of files/folders from the DVD you need to bundle up if you are trying to email out the schema update, or if the admin tries copying it to a DC in order to run it. See this if you hit that  : https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3049762#3049762

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Yes - we do this on quite a few installs.

The only tricky thing is if you try to save time by not using the DVD there are a bunch of files/folders from the DVD you need to bundle up if you are trying to email out the schema update, or if the admin tries copying it to a DC in order to run it. See this if you hit that  : https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3049762#3049762

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Thank you.

And thanks for the link on copying the additional files over.  I was wondering about that

-Robert

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: