cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Reset admin pswd on spa525g

lmtcs
Level 1
Level 1

How do you reset the admin password on a cisco spa525g?

Thanks,

5 Replies 5

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

On the phone there is the Setup Button, then Device Administration; then I see "Factory reset", but that will be everything I would think....

Unfortunately, to get to "Reset to Factory Settings", I have to know the admin password.  The original person is gone, so we need to completely start over.  Is there a button or something?  What do I do?

Dear Sir;

This is not possible. The whole reason for the password is to provide security. If factory reset is protected by password, then not possible to change/reset.

Regards
Alberto

This is not true... Try this.

Open a browser. Enter the following web address: http://IPAddress/admin/advanced

Where the IPAddress is the phone's IP.

This *should* let you into the interface without requiring you to enter any password information. You can then go to system configuration and strip out the user password. Submit the change and then you can factory reset the phone from the phone's interface.

Hope that helps. It worked for me using version 7.1.7.

Zach

uscwcole710
Level 1
Level 1

While power cycling the SPA Phone, after you see the Cisco trademark symbol disappear and while it is going through it's animations, press the speaker button three times.  That will reset the phone.