cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

The selected signed file could not be authenticated. The file might have been tampered with or an error might have occured during download. Please verify the MD5 hash value against the Cisco Systems web site

JessicaBroy82_2
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to load any 9.0.3 firmware on my UCM 5.0.4.2000-1 server. Every newer firmware I load throws the following error. I have verified the MD5 is correct and also downloaded the file several times with the same result. I can load the same firmware file on another UCM server and it loads fine. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Error Message:

The selected signed file could not be authenticated. The file might have been  tampered with or an error might have occured during download. Please verify the  MD5 hash value against the Cisco Systems web site:  9b:b6:31:09:18:15:e7:c0:97:9f:e6:fe:9a:19:94:99

Firmware File: cmterm-7970_7971-sccp.9-0-3.cop.sgn

UCM version: 5.0.4.2000-1

3 Replies 3

JessicaBroy82_2
Level 1
Level 1

Seems like the highest firmware I can install successfully is 8-3-1. Anything beyond that throws the MD5 error.

Hi

What are you trying to fix?

That's quite an old CCM version, with quite new firmware - generally you'd be best to stick with the 'prescribed' firmware... i.e. maybe go for the latest dev pack for your version rather than downloading individual firmware.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Thanks for your reply. We have a lab environment where I maintain  UCM 5.0, 5.1, 6.0, 6.1, 7.0, 7.1 and 8.0 servers each running the latest released firmware for our QA testing team. I have downloaded and installed the latest device packages but find that if I try to install any firmware newer then 8.3.1 on either 5.0.4 or 6.0 i start getting MD5 hash authentication errors. It looks like 9.0.3 firmware should work on UCM 5.0 and 6.0 so I am lost as to why I can't seem to update any firmware for any model phone if it is newer then version 8.3.1 on either 5.0 or 6.0. while 5.1 and 6.1 work without issues. Maybe it is just a bug. I mostly wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this or if it is just me.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: