cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC540 CCA 2.2.4 - No access to dialplan templates

sven.gaertner
Level 1
Level 1

I have a problem during setting up a new UC540 (it is updatet to the newest release 8.0.2)

During the setup wizard, i cannot select any dialplan, because the configuration assistent notifies me, that he cannot find a appretiate "OutgoingDialPlan_WHATEVER.xml" File. I tried to copy the xml template in a lot of folders, but everytime i get the same error message.

if i leave the default setting, the wizard hungs with a message, like "cannot open OutgoingDialPlan_WHATEVER.xml" during session. the wizard will hung at 99% and the whole installation is not fnished.

so, can anybody tell me, what i´m doing wrong?

regards sven

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

There is a good chance there are files on your PC that are missing (bad CCA install) or left over from previous (older) CCA installs.

I would suggest uninstalling and reinstalling CCA on that PC or install it on another PC that hasn’t had CCA before.

After uninstalling, make sure the following path on your PC is wiped clean:

C:\Documents and Settings\\.configuration assistant

I ran into something similar with a North American Dialplan template that continued to be offered to me, but no longer existed. It was a case of a stale file in this path. You will see a subdirectory called dialplan where all the XMLs are.

Be aware, this will also remove your communities (Sites) created in CCA (but it will not touch the data, which is always authoritative on the managed element, not CCA.

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

There is a good chance there are files on your PC that are missing (bad CCA install) or left over from previous (older) CCA installs.

I would suggest uninstalling and reinstalling CCA on that PC or install it on another PC that hasn’t had CCA before.

After uninstalling, make sure the following path on your PC is wiped clean:

C:\Documents and Settings\\.configuration assistant

I ran into something similar with a North American Dialplan template that continued to be offered to me, but no longer existed. It was a case of a stale file in this path. You will see a subdirectory called dialplan where all the XMLs are.

Be aware, this will also remove your communities (Sites) created in CCA (but it will not touch the data, which is always authoritative on the managed element, not CCA.

Hi,

got an error also after a clean install of CCA. I ignored the error and the wizard gave me a working dial plan on the box. Must say I backreved to 2.2.2. After the wizard is done your CCA has created all the files on your harddrive. I upgraded to 8.02 afterwards.

You will like CCA 2.2.5 (due out soon).

I am sorry for the issue you faced with 2.2.4.

If you want a peek at the screens and capabilities, check this out....

Lab 25:  TheOffice  Demo configured using CCA

How to DEMO the OFFICE SBCS - Demo Guide

I am really happy with it.

What happened to release 8.0.3 that was due out in July? I've been waiting around for it with the promise of the cdr records uploading to an ftp server. Is that version being skipped?

I can't wait to get my hands on the new CCA when it is released. Dialable extensions.. really.. finally..yea!

Thanks

Stephanie

Hi Stephanie,

8.0.3 got enhanced and merged into 8.0.4 and synchronized with CCA 2.2.5.

There is a better version of CUE coming in it and your right about CCA features added.

I think you will like it too.

Steve

Steve,

Oh, I see, says it's still XA3 with 8.0.4. Thanks for the clarification....and a new CUE, sounds exciting. Looks like presents, my birthday's this month.

Thanks

Stephanie

Happy Birthday then.

Question: where can we drop feature requests? Now we're talking dialplans:

I really miss the option to add a prefix to an incoming number (from CCA). I always make a setup with a 0 as prefix for outgoing calls. For incoming calls I add an extra translation-rule

voice translation-rule 1114
rule 1 // /000/ type international international
rule 2 // /00/

And in every profile used for incoming numbers I add

translate calling 1114

Normally (e.g.) a mobile number will come in as 612345678 but if it has to be usable, from for example the missing calls directory, it has to be 00612345678.

When I add the translation like above, CCA won't show me the edited translation-profiles any longer, leaving me with an "empty" dialplan, only editable from the CLI.

mtempelman,

Start a new thread, title it CCA Feature Request: Dialplan

then cut and paste what you entered inside this thread (it is buried here).

When we see it, we will add that to the list of features, no problem.

Its hard to do it with this thread, since I forward the thread, and its not the main discussion here....  may get lost....

Steve

Hi Steven,

your very quick answer was very helpful. I hope the new cca and ios/cue releases will come out soon.

Regards Sven

i am hearing Wednesday, but there will be a big notification on this community.  we may fly the Goodyear blimp too.

Will be waiting :-D

I'll make a new thread for my question.

RALPH RUSSELL
Level 1
Level 1

Just wanted to update this for v3.2.2.  I had been getting the same error even though the dial plan templates existed.  Cisco hardcoded C:\users\{username}\.configuration assistant into the CCA software instead accessing the home directory by the system variable.  My home directory is D:\users. . . The installation program installs the templates correctly onto the D: drive but the CCA program looks in the C: drive. 

To fix this, I had to copy everything from D:\users\{username}\.configuration assistant to C: at which point the telephony setup wizard works again.  It's still easier to configure from the CLI though.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: