CSCtg84350?

Answered Question
Aug 10th, 2010

I downloaded a bug scrub for 3750 code 12.2(53)SE1 some time back.  In reviewing some of the bugs that concerned us, CSCtg84350 is now no longer visible.  It says:

"Dear valued Cisco Bug Toolkit customer, the bug ID  CSCtg84350 you searched has not been properly assigned to a Cisco  product; therefore, we are unable to display the bug details. Please  note it is our policy to make all externally-facing bugs available in  Bug Toolkit to best assist our customers.  As a result, the system  administrators have been automatically alerted to the problem."

If I understood the original description correctly, it was related to SLA/RTR.  Executing "ip sla enable timestamp" caused both the active and standby HSRP nodes to become active.

Updates on this please?  Thank you!

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by Phillip Remaker about 6 years 5 months ago

This is a documentation bug, and the release note SHOULD have been displayed.  Not sure why it was not.

The release note is:

The HSRP both active after exec "ip sla enable timestamp".

To work around, Increase hello timer values
e.g. standby timers 15 16

The explanation is that when low level timstamping gets enabled, the hsrp hello timers need to be increased as well since there is a greater delay between when the packet arrives at the interface and time it is handed to the application.
Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
Phillip Remaker Tue, 08/10/2010 - 13:10

This is a documentation bug, and the release note SHOULD have been displayed.  Not sure why it was not.

The release note is:

The HSRP both active after exec "ip sla enable timestamp".

To work around, Increase hello timer values
e.g. standby timers 15 16

The explanation is that when low level timstamping gets enabled, the hsrp hello timers need to be increased as well since there is a greater delay between when the packet arrives at the interface and time it is handed to the application.

Actions

This Discussion