cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Exporting Multiple ICM scripts

paul jurkowski
Level 1
Level 1

I'm guessing there is no way to do this and I probably should know the answer, but regardless:

Is there a way to export multiple ICM scripts or do you have to do it one by one? From what I can tell, it's one by one. This is ICM 7.5.8.

Thanks,

Paul

8 Replies 8

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

One by one.

You can also export the complete configuration and import that to a Sprawler  so you can look at it.

What are you doing that requires lots of exports? From one ICM to another? I've done a serious amount of export / import, and if you think one-by-one on the export is painful, wait until you do one by one imports.

Regards,

Geoff

Just backing up our old IVR ICM scripts, we are now using CVP, but keeping them just in case or for reference. Thanks for confirming, maybe they'll come out with something in a later release......

Paul

Just backing up our old IVR ICM scripts, we are now using CVP, but keeping them just in case or for reference.

Are you planning to delete the scripts? You could just remove old versions of the scripts leaving yourself with just the latest, rename them to something like ZZ_script_name so they go to the bottom of the list and out of the way of "Open" and Script Explorer. Then they are always there for reference,

Regards,

Geoff

Already did that exact step and format. I just want to keep a set somewhere else. No big deal

Already did that exact step and format.

Hey, great minds think alike.

Regards,

Geoff

I use a program called Winbatch to send keystrokes to the script editor to export all of our scripts.

I'm sure you could use VBScript or something like that.

First, open up every script (or a good number of them)

Manually export first script to get the directory correct.

Then have program send the keystrokes to the script editor.

Alt-F

xxxx

xxxx

CTRL-F4 (Close current routing script)

Repeat

Barry

That's very clever. You've come up with a few of these! You must have some big installs.

Regards,

Geoff

Hey Geoff,

lol, I can't believe how many of these things I have had to come up with... although automating this does free up some hours to sneak out early and get to the golf course!

The only sad part about automating data input, is that I can't share the scripts because the Cisco Input boxes are never consistent for entering data through keystrokes and you have to use mouse coordinates most of the time.

But, if you learn some of the language, it can certainly make your life easier!

Barry

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: