cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Best Practices for Setting up MailBox Quotas in Unity Connection.

dtran
Level 6
Level 6

Hi all,

I've just completed migrating from Unity 4.0.5 to Unity Connection 8.0.2c and all seems to be working well at the moment. I am looking into setting up quotas for subscriber mailboxes and I would like to find out what are the rules of thumb when assigning disc space to user mailboxes ? and How much disc space does it take for a one minute message ?

Thanks in advance for any inputs/suggestions !!!

D.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

D. Tran,

Here are some things to consider:

Mailbox Quotas
Specifies a mailbox size in MB for Warning, Send, and Send/Receive Quotas on mailboxes
Can be applied system-wide and customized on a per-user basis (maximum mailbox size is 2GB)
Default Warning Quota = 12 MB (25 min of recording with G711)
Default Send Quota = 13 MB (27 min of recording with G711)
Default Send/Receive Quota = 14 MB (29 min of recording with G711)
When you use G711, the space requirements for a message are:
480Kb/min when using G.711
Message Aging Policy
If enabled, it applies system-wide but can be disabled on a per-user basis.
If disabled, no message aging policies are applied and cannot be enabled on a per-user basis.
Should you need to be more aggressive in your Message Aging Policy, you can optionally choose to move saved messages to the Deleted Items folder within a specified timeframe.  This is disabled by default.
I typically recommend giving users access to the deleted items (it allows them to access deleted messages for a period of time after they delete them). This is set in the Class of Service here:
Class of Service > Message Options > Uncheck “Delete Messages Without Saving to Deleted Items Folder”
Hope this helps.
Hailey
Please rate helpful posts!

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

D. Tran,

Here are some things to consider:

Mailbox Quotas
Specifies a mailbox size in MB for Warning, Send, and Send/Receive Quotas on mailboxes
Can be applied system-wide and customized on a per-user basis (maximum mailbox size is 2GB)
Default Warning Quota = 12 MB (25 min of recording with G711)
Default Send Quota = 13 MB (27 min of recording with G711)
Default Send/Receive Quota = 14 MB (29 min of recording with G711)
When you use G711, the space requirements for a message are:
480Kb/min when using G.711
Message Aging Policy
If enabled, it applies system-wide but can be disabled on a per-user basis.
If disabled, no message aging policies are applied and cannot be enabled on a per-user basis.
Should you need to be more aggressive in your Message Aging Policy, you can optionally choose to move saved messages to the Deleted Items folder within a specified timeframe.  This is disabled by default.
I typically recommend giving users access to the deleted items (it allows them to access deleted messages for a period of time after they delete them). This is set in the Class of Service here:
Class of Service > Message Options > Uncheck “Delete Messages Without Saving to Deleted Items Folder”
Hope this helps.
Hailey
Please rate helpful posts!

Thanks David !!! as always I appreciate your help !!!!

D.