cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ace load balancing, inservice/no inservice serverfarms

kojikeneda
Level 1
Level 1

I've started working with an ACE load balancer and came across  something that just didn't add up to me. I can pull and put servers in  and out of rotation without a problem however when working with a  serverfarm or a group of servers I have to pull each one individually  and can't find a way to remove say the entire serverfarm via one  command. Does anyone know of a way to put a serverfarm 'inservice' or  set it to 'no inservice' that would make it easier for large groups of  servers needing to be adjusted.

Sorry if this isn't the write forum for this kind of question. Please feel free to move it if needed.

3 Replies 3

chrhiggi
Level 3
Level 3

Hello Chris,

There is no toggle to set every rserver under a serverfarm out of service.  You can only take a single rserver out of service at a global level, or under a serverfarm inividually.

One thing to think about  - bringing down all of the servers would be the same as removing the serverfarm from under the policy map type loadbalance since it would effectively bring the vip down.

Regards,

Chris Higgins

Guys , will the sessions be terminated if the server was pulled out form the SF group ??

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

No, ACE will no longer balance new connections to the server you removed, existing connections are untouched and are allowed to close off gracefully or timeout.

Regards,

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: