cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RIGHT FAX fails " line busy" when the receiving FAX has 4 rings before faxtone set up

pmvillarama
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We recently installed a right FAX 9.4 in our customer and it was all fine except in one issue. When a RightFAX client is sending a document and the receiving or destination fax machine is in FAX mode with 3 to 4 rings before FAX tone, the FAX fails consistently and the sender, RightFAX client will say the line is busy. But when I recreated the issue and adjust the fax machine number of ring before fax tone to 1, the FAX goes through successfully.

However, It is not acceptable to our customer that the workaround is not globally applicable considering other FAX machines out there that has 4 rings before fax tone set up.

I’ve already read some documents for this application including its installation and configuration but I'm clueless which settings is specifically related to the problem. I’ve tried make some adjustments in the CED tone (time that right fax will wait for a fax tone) but still not working.

I hope there is someone here that can help me with this.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Paul

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You see something simliar to this on RF---h323---CUCM----Gateway---PSTN scenarios, too.

RF tries to put the h245address in the facility, which CM doesn't always like or act upon.  Hence media negotiation fails, and the voice call never gets nailed up.  You can tweak the h245stage parameter in the Brooktrout driver to change this.  I usually set that to 1, which makes RF put the h245address in the alerting, I believe.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

pmvillarama
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

finally got this working, on the gateway, separated the incoming and outgoing dial peer for voice H323 configuration then add this config;

voice class h323 2
     h225 h245-address on-connect

Hope this helps for other RF users.

Cheers,

You see something simliar to this on RF---h323---CUCM----Gateway---PSTN scenarios, too.

RF tries to put the h245address in the facility, which CM doesn't always like or act upon.  Hence media negotiation fails, and the voice call never gets nailed up.  You can tweak the h245stage parameter in the Brooktrout driver to change this.  I usually set that to 1, which makes RF put the h245address in the alerting, I believe.

t.s.davis
Level 1
Level 1

Paul,

Can you elaborate on where you applied the configuration. I have a scenario where Rightfax sends the call to CUCM via an H323 trunk, then CUCM sends the call to the PSTN Gateway and then out to the PSTN. I am experiencing the same issue where the call disconnects before the destination fax answers if it is set to ring 3 or 4 times before answering.

I'm not sure that I understand what you mean by splitting the incoming and outgoing dialpeer. I have the following dialpeer to match and route my outbound number to the PSTN.

dial-peer voice 92 pots
  translation-profile incoming PREFIX-9
translation-profile outgoing CALLERID
destination-pattern 91[2-9]..[2-9]......
progress_ind setup enable 3
progress_ind progress enable 8
port 0/0/0:23
forward-digits 11

I appreciate any help you can provide.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: