cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

I would like to know if waas operates without central-manger.

syjeon
Level 1
Level 1

hi

I would like to know if the waas operate without central-manger.

As I know, the central-manger is just to manage the waas to control that device. so, I think that there is no problem to opeartes between two waas.

So, the mode of two waas is application-accelerator, so they can be operate just application-accelerator without central-manager.

Please let me know regarding this.

and next.

our plan deploy the waas is to use WCCP, when the waas is force to shutdown at some case such as power failure, and unplug cable,

the traffic can be affect?, the traffic based session must be re-initialized? such as TCP,

In my opinion, due to wccp time-out interval, the traffic has some lost due to time-out. Right?

Please let me know

Thank you.

5 Replies 5

Eric Rose
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

WAAS can operate without a central manager however there are some key features that do require a central manager to be operational within a network. For example if you use the disk encryption feature, the remote WAE where disk encryption is enabled will need to fetch the secure key from the central upon boot-up. The WAE will then be able to use the key to unlock the data cache. If the CM is not available then the remote will not be able to fetch the key and unlock the cache.

When a WAE device fails - you do have to wait for the router's wccp keep-alive process to time-out and the client will have to re-establish the TCP connections. Depending on the application the user might not even know that this is happening behind the screen.

Thanks

Eric Rose

P.S. if this answers your quesion, please mark it as answered with a 5.

Hi Eric,

can we run both CM and WAAS service on same WAE box?

Thanks,

Hi Osamah,

No, we can not run Central Manager and Application Accelerator on same WAE box.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

PS: Please mark this as Answered, if this answers your question.

aljaloudi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Bhavin,

Thanks for your reply. i have two more questions please,

Does it also apply to NME-WAE modules?

NME-WAE does it have other interfaces or only the internaly shared with router.

Thanks,

It does also apply to the NME-WAE.

The NME-WAE does have 2 interfaces (one internally and one externally)

Thanks

Eric

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: