Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME: Call Forward mobile with Caller DID

Hi All,

Newbie there, this is the first time I am going to post in this forum.

My problem is call forwarding with the right caller ID.

Scenario:

Extension A forwarded calls to Mobile.

Someone calls extension A (let say a client calls his direct number from outside the office) - call is now forwarded on his mobile.

Problem:

The number that is displayed on the mobile is the DID of Extension A, not the number of the caller (client).

Extension A wants to see the number of caller from his mobile instead of his own extension.

I am pretty sure this can be done since other PBX is able to do this.

Can you please enlighten me and guide me on how to fix this problem.

Regards -

7 Replies 7

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This is only possible in the US.

Everywhere else in the world, you are not allowed to place calls with another party calling number, for very obvious reasons.

Thanks for the quick reply. I am currently in Japan. So does it mean that every time I will activate call forwarding to my mobile and someone calls my extension, the number that will appear on my mobile is my extension number and not the callers number. Am i correct?

What is that appears ? Complete number, or just a short extension ?

On the mobile the complete DID number appears.

That indicates you cannot expect to be able to display arbitrary calling number, as security reasonably suggests.

This is very often asked here.

marmend
Level 1
Level 1

try checking the caller Number in the Directory number (DID), at the bottom in the fowarded call information display section.

try checking the caller Number in the Directory number (DID), at the bottom in the fowarded call information display section.

Incorrect, the reason is the one I have indicated in my first post.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: