Helpful
Replies

RV120W dropping packets on SSL connections

germaurice
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everybody and especially Cisco staff,

Excuse me for my english :)

I have a real disturbing issue with my new Cisco RV 120W router, my compagny uses every time SSL connections (SSH sessions, IMAP/SMTP over TLS) but the router breaks up most of ssl connections which make some trafic.

I see i'm not alone (see https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3152954#3152954)

but there is no workaround provided for this.

Here is the description of my problem extracted from the thread i gave you :

Hello,

I have the same problem which  resides in using SSH connection and the error message  is "Corrupted MAC on input.".

My feeling is when there is lot  of trafic over the SSH connection, especially when transfering files,  the error occurs. I got too the error when i had a lot of data printed  on stdout of my SSH console. I led some tests without using the RV120W  and i had no issues.

Here  is the description of the both connection when the error occurs :

SSH Client  ----- INTERNET ----- SDSL Router ----- RV120W -----  Switch ----- SSH Server

and reverted connection

SSH Client  ----- Switch ----- RV120W ----- SDSL Router -----  INTERNET ----- SSH Server

The source of the problem, as seen on Internet,  could be a network equipement, network cable, computer peripherals....

I hope my  contribution could help you to find the source of the problem, which  will be very helpful for me

Thanks

I really appreciate the quality of the equipement and the features but this issue is very penalizing for my company.

Can you give me some advice ?

Thanks

Best regards,

Germain

4 Replies 4

streaves
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Germain --Thanks for posting in the Support Community.

The RV 120W Engineering Team is reviewing your issue. Would you be kind enough to share your configuration file? This will help us troubleshoot.

Thanks,

Stephanie Reaves

Small Business Technology Group

Hello Stephanie,

I am having similar issues.  Except, for me the problem is with an SSL encrypted RDP session.  The session will break because of problems with the encryption.  I do not have this problem via an old Linksys WRT54G.  I captured some traces of the issue.  One interesting thing; the issue does not happen when capturing the trace on the WAN port until I stop the capture.  Sounds like a timing issue huh?  (Using the packet capture feature of the router.)

I just bought the router and am inclined to return it based on my personal experience with the device and other issues reported on these forums.  However, if you think Cisco would like to troubleshoot this and other issues I have with the device, please let me know.

-Randy

Hi Randy -- Thanks for chiming in. I know engineering is working to resolve related issues and I'm sure your configuration file would be beneficial if you're willing to share.

Thanks,

Stephanie

Should I upload the cfg to this thread or is there another way?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: