Outbound

faisalakbar
Level 1
Level 1

Can we increase the length of First name and last name

by default is only allow

First name = 10

Last name = 20

Can anybody please confirm ? if we can increase the length ? and how it is possible ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Dear Faisal

This is not possible you cannot change the last name and first name fields.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

UCCE? Version?

The schema for the  Dialing_List table is in the Outbound Option Guide and shows these two columns as VARCHAR(50). The ECC variable BABuddyName is defined as 101 chars. The system puts last name, first name in this ECC so the space seems to match.

It appears to me that you can have longer than 10, 20.

Regards,

Geoff

Dear geoff,

Yes its UCCE and below are the version

ICM 7.0 with MR 7.2.1 & CTIOS 7.0 with MR 7.2.1

Yes in the guide its says that you have 50 length of each.

and i have attached the screen shot where you define the length.

which is upto 1 - 255 (screenshot attached)

but when i put 11, its says that you length cannot be more then 10 for First name.

I will check the  ECC variable BABUDDYName and will try to figure out and will share my findings.

Thanks for the reply.

Dear geoff,

I Checked the ECC Variable BABuddyName its 101 and cant be changed from the configuration manager.

I Checked the database and in Database its say : First Name vchar(50) and last name vchar(50)

so value at ECC variable is correct but still its not taking more then 10 for first name and 20 for last name

if it is possible please tell me. how to do that. thanks in advance.

Dear Faisal

This is not possible you cannot change the last name and first name fields.

Muhammad,

Did you figure this one out?  Were you able to extend the size of the LastName and FirstName fields for the Outbound import rules?

thanks

The above response states that it is not possible to increase the FirstName beyond 10 characters or the LastName beyond 20 characters (which are the default lengths).

It would seem clear that this is the case when using the ICM Configuration Manager.

But is there any information on WHY this is the case and / or is there any information on WHY the BABuddyName Length is 101 characters while the FirstName and LastName Combined are only 30 characters?

Or does anyone in the Cisco CCBU know if there a workaround (perhaps in the Windows Registry) to allow you to configured a FirstName or LastName beyond the defaults of 10/20 ?

Hopefully,

Gerard.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: