Views
Helpful
Replies

CiscoWorks how many switches in stack + dual Power supply usage

raza555
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

Please tell me that is it possible to see in CiscoWorks that device with dual power supplies is using both or just one. e.g 6500

Also I need to count the total number of physical switches in the company but I am only able to generate a inventory report that only shows logical devices, but it do not show if the switch is stack then how many physical switches are in stack.

Is it also possible to count the total number of physical devices in the company instead of just logical devices.

I am using the

LMS: 1.2.0

RME: 4.3.0

CS:    3.3.0

CM:   5.2.1

DFM: 3.2.0

Thanks.

4 Replies 4

podhillo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Please tell me that is it possible to see in CiscoWorks that device with dual power supplies is using both or just one. e.g 6500

-> Please check DFM > Detailed device view of the respective device> if we find the device has its dual power supply monitoring option then this might be possible.

Also I need to count the total number of physical switches in the company but I am only able to generate a inventory report that only shows logical devices, but it do not show if the switch is stack then how many physical switches are in stack.

--> We need to add the device as a 'Cluster managed device' in common services.

Is it also possible to count the total number of physical devices in the company instead of just logical devices.

--> Please elaborate on this question.

Regards,

podhillo

Thanks for reply.

In the detailed device view I am able to see that switch has 2 power supply, but but unable to see that its using either only one or both. But I understand your point that if its not visible here then its not possible.

Explainantion of my second query: My company want to know that how many physical switches has been installed. We manage over 2500 logical switches in the company and management want to have a report showing that how many total physical switches exist.

Is it possible to generate a report which shows that each logical switch contains how many physical swithes and/ or total number of physical switches in the company. 

e.g MLS001 (logical switch) contains sw1 (physical switch), sw2 (physical switch), sw3 (physical switch), sw4 (physical switch)

MLS002 (logical switch) contains sw1 (physical switch), sw2 (physical switch)

CiscoWorks generate a report shows that 6 physical switches exist.

Please reply ASAP. Thanks

Hi,

I assume the logical switch are the stack master and physical switch are the stack members.

If we want the exact count of the switches in the network we need to add the stacked switched as Cluster managed devices.

Cluster Managed devices

The Cisco clusters and their member devices are managed using this device management type.

link:

http://cisco.biz/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_common_services_software/3.2/user/guide/dcr.html#wp1738120

After this process has been completed you can get the exact count of switches in the network.

Regards,

Podhillo

Thanks again. I have got your point. I have more than 2500 devices and i think that its hard to set up the cluster information for each device.

Is there any quick and easy way set up the cluster information. Or is there any other alternative to this solution.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: