Helpful
Replies

Door intercom & Door Strike

yogi
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone used the Cyberdata Door Intercom

http://www.cyberdata.net/products/voip/digitalanalog/intercom/index.html

with a UC540 System?  Also looking to use this to operate the door strike, does anyone have anything to offer on this?

Thanks

8 Replies 8

Hi Irene Irene,

I love blatant advertising, yes it may help, but has your solution been validated and does it work with FX0 connected UC500 and UC320W

regards Dave.

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Yogi-B-Bear

Cyber Data products work really well with the UC-500 series, I have installed 1X Paging system and 1X Door stations (Without Striker).

However the issues sits squarely with the fact that in the current version of CCA, you have to still manually program the SIP settings, which as I understand it can be a bit of an issue and you may need to get SBS support involved, and that in itself is a huge HIT-Miss, both times I have called about doing this, the results were widely all over the place, I just ended up hanging up and doing it anyway (First in the LAB to test CCA sensitivity), they will either say you cannot do it, and if they say you can do it, they are not quite up there yet with programming the CLI

All decent Cyber Data products that work exceptionally well with the UC-500 series are SIP only, and if you want proper call tear downs and no locked ports/service then this is truly the way you need to go

The link you show will work with the UC and it will work well so long as you program the SIP info on the UC correctly, be prepared to hit some stubling blocks on the way, but hey it is a fun challenge.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

tracy
Level 1
Level 1

Just a quick note - we had issues getting new (2013) Catalyst POE switch to work with the cyberdata callbox. The Catalyst does not play well with 3rd party POE products despite the custom configuration we did on the Catalyst port. The box stayed up long enough to register with the UC560 and then it would reboot. Seeing the light blink on the callbox was the indicator it was rebooting. We used an external POE injector to get around this issue. We got great support from Cyberdata. We did not talk to Cisco.

BTW, I tested it on a small business POE switch (SG300) and rebooting was NOT an issue!

weil80502
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there! I have not personally used the Cyberdata Door Intercom with a UC540 system, but I recommend reaching out to Door Repair Poquoson service. They have a team of experts who are knowledgeable about all kinds of door intercom systems and can help you determine if the Cyberdata Door Intercom is compatible with your UC540 system. They can also offer guidance on how to operate the door strike and integrate it with the intercom system. They may have experience working with similar systems and can provide valuable insights and recommendations based on their expertise. Don't hesitate to contact them if you have any questions or need any assistance with your door intercom system. Good luck with your setup!

nadineross372
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm not sure about using the Cyberdata Door Intercom specifically with a UC540 System, but I have used a similar intercom system for operating a door strike. Overall, it was a pretty straightforward setup and worked well for our needs. However, I would recommend checking with the manufacturer or consulting with a professional to ensure compatibility with your specific system and to ensure proper installation of the Door strike.

Hope this helps!

Hi there, I haven't personally used the Cyberdata Door Intercom with a UC540 System, but it looks like the intercom is compatible with a wide range of VoIP phone systems. As for using it to operate the Door strike, I would recommend checking the documentation or contacting Cyberdata customer support to see if they have any guidance or recommendations for integrating the intercom with a door strike. Best of luck with your installation!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: