cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RME 4.2 can't get configuration file from ASA5520

marcohernandez
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have a problem with RME 4.2 from CWLMS 3.1. I have configured SSH in my asa 5520 device but RME can't get the configuration file.

I ran a job to sync archive but i get this message error:

*** Device Details for ASA_5520_VOZ_01 *** 
Protocol ==> Unknown / Not Applicable 
Selected Protocols with order ==> Telnet,TFTP,SSH 
Execution Result:
CM0062 Polling ASA_5520_VOZ_01 for changes to configuration. 
CM00 Polling not supported on PRIMARY STARTUP config, defaulting to fetch. 
CM00 Polling not supported on PRIMARY RUNNING config, defaulting to fetch. 

STARTUP 
CM0151 PRIMARY STARTUP Config fetch failed for ASA_5520_VOZ_01 Cause: TELNET: Failed to establish TELNET connection to 10.225.177.36 - Cause: Connection refused. 
Failed to get the start tag-: in the configuration. Action: Check if protocol is supported by device and required device package is installed. Check device credentials. Increase timeout value, if required. 
RUNNING 
CM0151 PRIMARY RUNNING Config fetch failed for ASA_5520_VOZ_01 Cause: TELNET: Failed to establish TELNET connection to 10.225.177.36 - Cause: Connection refused. 

Could not detect SSH protocols running on the device 

Action: Check if protocol is supported by device and required device package is installed. Check device credentials. Increase timeout value, if required.

I only have configured ssh because telnet is not permited.

Can someone help me?

Thanks.

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You will need to enable ArchiveMgmt Service debugging under RME > Admin > System Prefences > Application Loglevel Settings, reproduce the problem, then post the dcmaservice.log.

I am having a similar problem.  Looking at the dcmaservice.log the LMS server is trying to connect to a different IP address on the firewall (the outside ip address which is higher than the inside ip address).  the LMS server is not using the IP address that was configured when the device was added.  Inventory and credentials checking works fine.  How can I change it so that the RME module uses the configured IP address not one it selects based on some definition I cannot find?

Firewall rules are blocking accessing the ASA via the IP address that RME picked.

Thank you.

Bmcgloth,

How did you resolve this? I am having similar problem.

Regards,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco