Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 5.1 administrator authentication via AD

douglasmark
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are migrating from ACS 3.3 to 5.1 - formerly we were able to configure ACS to use an external database for internal user passwords. Thus, in 3.3, we had AD users using a Windows database for their password and we were able to use our AD accounts to administer ACS.

In 5.1, when viewing the "Accounts" under the System Administration dropdown, there appears to be only the ability to create internal accounts and use internal passwords. This is yet another password mechanism to track, enforce, and audit - it would be preferable to have the option to use our AD accounts to get around this. I've looked through the User and Identity stores and don't see an obvious way of making this work, and there is no mention of it in the documentation.

Note that I am not talking about authenticating devices to Active Directory, this functions fine - I'm talking about the actual ACS system administrator / web authentication. Am I just missing the option?

Thanks.

1 Reply 1

Jagdeep Gambhir
Level 10
Level 10

Doug,

The option you are looking for in not available in any  ACS 3.x/4.x / 5.x.

ACS administrators are configrued  locally.

Regards,

~JG

Do  rate helpful posts

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: