Views
Helpful
Replies

How to customized report in ironport

cwling2008
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I would like to find out how can i customized the ironport report e.g. ironport incoming mail based on the message only?

Thanks.

Alex Ling

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Tze Tai Mak
Level 1
Level 1

If you would like to export the logs to external machine and customize your own reports based on your requirements, you can look at third party reporting softwares like Sawmill, WebSpy.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Tze Tai Mak
Level 1
Level 1

If you would like to export the logs to external machine and customize your own reports based on your requirements, you can look at third party reporting softwares like Sawmill, WebSpy.

Hi Tomak,

Which version of sawmil or webspy can i use to customized report?

Alex Ling

Hi Tomak,

Do you have any sample report had been customized before?

For example, Incoming mail based on message only without connection?

Thanks.

Greetings Alexander,

I think the best method I can recommend for this process would be to export the mail logs over to another system. The appliance does include several tools for parsing the logs (grep in the CLI, Message tracking in the GUI) however I think what your looking to do may be better suited externally.  You can copy the mail logs over to another system using FTP or SCP.  While you could of course write your own script to use grep, awk or sed it may be a bit easier to utilize one of the contributed tools that we have available.  One good example is spamtowho, which can be obtained here

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9075

Spamtowho comes in two forms, one for linux and one for windows (Command prompt). These are basically a set of perl scripts that when fed parameters can parse the data from the logs in a multitude of ways, even outputting the data in HTML.

As I mentioned there are additional ways to do this through scripting. Since spamtowho already has a lot of functionality built in it may be a simpler alternative.

Christopher C Smith

CSE

Cisco IronPort Customer Support

Hi Chris,

Thanks for an info.

I would like to learn more how to use spamtohow software.

Do you have any live production server to import the mail logs?

Thanks.

Alex Ling

Hi Alex,

I am not sure I follow your question.  We don't have any systems that you can download log data from, that I am aware of. You can however download the logging data from your appliance via ftp or scp.

Let me know if I missunderstood your question.

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: