cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Audio Only and no video between two CTS1000

johnson_cheng
Level 1
Level 1

There are two CTS1000. When I establish a call between them, sometimes everything is fine, but sometimes it is an audio-only call. The call procedure is the same. I wonder in what kind of situation the call between CTS will become an audio-only call. Because of the low bandwidth or anything else?

3 Replies 3

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

Hi Cheng,

Please verify IP Phone has speaker disabled

The issue is timing issue, since both are shared lines depending which answer first you will get Audio or not, its a milliseconds difference.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/cts_admin/1_6/admin/guide/cts_1_6_cfg.html#wp1058023

I am having the same issue. I disabled the speaker and the video is still not showing, I am using CUCM version 6.1 and CTS 1.6. It never shows video just audio, the status on the codec admin page are all showing ok (green).

Hi Mario:

If you're getting the occaisional audio only call, but other calls will establish audio and video, then make certain you have both "Disable Speakerphone" and "Disable Speakerphone and Headset" disabled on the IP phone attached to the TP units.  Both options need to be checked on the IP phone to disable them, or as Gonzalo said, occaisionally the phone and codec will compete to answer the call, and the occaisional audio only call will be seen on the units running 1.6.

From your description, it sounds as if you are getting audio only, but no video, be sure to check your video bandwidth setting in the Region configuration in CUCM.  It needs to have sufficient bandwidth to pass both audio and video - try the max of 32000 under System --> Regions for the region the TP units are located in, and see if that helps.   If you only have two CTS 1000's, you can set the max video bandwidth to 6 MB; for 3000 units with your CTS code version 15 MB should be fine.

Additionally, if this is a new installation and you have no phone midlet on the screen, that will also cause all calls to be audio only, so ensure you have a) the right midlet configured for your CTS version and b) that the Telepresence phone UI appears on the IP phone screens (you will see the Directory/Favorites etc. buttons on the phone screen).

Hope that helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: