Can anyone help me with the steps of upgrading the IPS signature for the platform ASA SSM-20, IDS 4215, WV-SVC-IDSM-2 via IDM and IME. All the sensors are already upgraded with Engine E4 with signature S480.
Can I upgrade the signature directly from S480 to S507? Please let me know the file which I need to download. Is there any impact while updating the signture like reboot?
We can apply the same package on all the mentioned platforms. It can be applied to all below platforms:
- IPS-42xx Cisco Intrusion Prevention System (IPS) sensors
- IDS-42xx Cisco Intrusion Detection System (IDS) sensors (except the IDS-4220, and IDS-4230)
- WS-SVC-IDSM2 series Intrusion Detection System Module (IDSM2)
- NM-CIDS IDS Network Module for Cisco 26xx, 3680, and 37xx Router Families.
- ASA-SSM-10 Cisco ASA Advanced Inspection and Prevention Security Services Module (Requires ASA)
- ASA-SSM-20 Cisco ASA Advanced Inspection and Prevention Security Services Module (Requires ASA)
- ASA-SSM-40 Cisco ASA Advanced Inspection and Prevention Security Services Module (Requires ASA)
- AIM-IPS Cisco Advanced Integration Module for ISR Routers
Refer the readme for all details:
All the best!!
The steps for upgrading the signatures via IDM/IME are listed in this document:
Yes, you can upgrade from S480 to S507
The links to the correct files are also in the document above. The IPS should not need to reboot during the upgrade.