Views
Helpful
Replies

QOS possibilities with HWIC-4ESW in 2821 Router

Joris Deprouw
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a wan link connecting 2 offices together.

We are using a 2821 router with an additional HWIC-4ESW module in it. The 2 integrated ethernet ports are in use.

What we would like to do is put every port of the HWIC module in a separate vlan and link the uplink to the other offices to the ethernet ports on the HWIC.

We would also like to give priority to the voice traffic passing over each link.

We have created a class-map - policy map etc. When we try to configure "service-policy ouput" to the interface we have an error saying that

"%Error: FastEthernet0/1/0 Service Policy Configuration Failed.Only IN Direction Supported"

I also found a white paper (http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps5853/prod_white_paper0900aecd8064c9f4_ps5855_Products_White_Paper.html)

telling me are not a lot of possibilities to do QOS on a HWIC-4ESW.

However we have a 1841 router with the same HWIC module on which it is possible to generate the command "service-policy ouput".

We already tried an IOS upgrade on the 2821 router, but without success.

Can anyone confirm or deny if it is possible to configure the service-policy output? Does anyone has an alternative for my setup?

Attached you can find a simplified design of the setup.

Thank you,

Best Regards,

Joris

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: