cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection - LDAP Lastname change?

webberr
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We're running Unity Connection 8.0.2(c) and it is integrated with Active Directory. We have the sync process run once per night and new A.D. users show up each day. We imported a user several weeks ago from A.D., which pulled in the user ID, lastname, firstname, etc. just fine. Very recently she got married and her last name changed (A.D. was updated with the new lastname). Since she is an LDAP user the lastname field cannot be edited in Unity Connection. A.D. shows the new last name yet - despite several nights of the sync running correctly since that change - she still appears in Unity Connection with the old lastname.

Any ideas?

Thanks - Rob.

2 Replies 2

benjaminwatt
Level 5
Level 5

The Unity Connection server doesn't have a way to automatically sync existing LDAP users as far as I know, it just keeps the 'Import Users' list up to date. So your scheduled LDAP sync will not be affecting existing users.

Instead, go to 'Users' > 'Synch Users', choose your Communications Manager from the 'Find Imported Users In', find the user and then hit the 'Synch Selected' button. That should update that user.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Unity Connection is sync'd to Active Directory, but not to any CallManager/Communications Manager (this implementation is deploying voicemail first - with legacy phones - then deploying new Cisco phones). So when I click on Users --> Synch Users I get:

No AXL Remote server was found. A Unified Communications Manager is required to synchronize users.

Which I suppose makes sense, since we are not sync'ing from any Communications Manager server.

Rob.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: