cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Removal of orphan VSM in vcenter

jgerlits
Level 1
Level 1

I am testing the Nexus 1000v.  I had it installed on one VMware server and had the VSM connected to the vcenter.  We decided to move it to another VMware server.  We tried deleting the old VSM and distribution switch out of the vcenter, but when I try and connect the new VSM I get the following message. 

switch(config-svs-conn)# connect

ERROR: [VMWARE-VIM] Extension key was not registered before its use.

We tried to change the extension-key on the new vsm to what is showing for the old VSM so we could link them up and delete the old one.  This does not seem to be working.  I would like to know how to remove the old VSM out of the vcenter so I can get the new one to connect and continue with my testing.

Thanks!

1 Reply 1

NguyenT11
Level 1
Level 1

This worked for me no problem.

http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=1020542

You can always find the extension key of the old VSM in VC by navigating to home->inventory->networking, select the 1000v, and then select the Summary tab.  Annothation field will show you the extension key.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: