Views
Helpful
Replies

MPLS TE tunnel showing up/down due to layer 3 port channel

kartik6446
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I trying to configure MPLS TE on 6500's. I have a layer 3 port channel configured between two switches. I am bundling two links. I had issues giving this command on a layer 3 port channel (mpls traffic-eng tunnels). Do I need to use layer 2 port channel instead? That way it allowed me to enable that command on SVI. I guess, we cannot configure TE tunnel between switches using different interfaces such as layer 3 port channel. Any suggestions please post.

Thanks,

Karthik

4 Replies 4

Manish Naik
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Karthik,

It should be supported, there are some restrictions , please check this link.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/ios/mpls/configuration/guide/mp_bundle_interface.html#wp1092806

Restrictions for MPLS TE: Bundled Interface Support

Traffic engineering over Service Virtual Interfaces (SVIs) is not supported unless the SVI consists of a bundle of links that represent a single point-to-point interface.

There must be a valid IP address configuration on the bundled interface and there must not be an IP address configuration on the member links.

To ensure that the Fast Reroute feature functions correctly in MLP, enter the multilink min-links command (to specify the preferred minimum number of links) along with the mandatory keyword (to deactivate the MLP bundle if the minimum number of links is not present).

Also you may want to check if the software supports this feature. this was introduced in 12.2 (33)  SRC

Let me know if this helps.

Manish.

Hey Thanks.

Hello Manish,

That link is not working. Can you repost it please. Thanks.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card