CSC v6.3 and Remote Agent Mapping Issues

Unanswered Question
Aug 12th, 2010

Hello!

We are getting an issue (our AD is a Win2008 64-bit server, BTW) where the mappings using the remote agent will work for about a day, then a group of users; random at best... starts mapping to the default policies and the log shows the user IP browsing out but the user ID is [NOT FOUND].

DC has 445 access to workstations, remote registry is enabled and Windows firewall is turned off.

Anyone else experiencing similar issues? Thanks!

Ben

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Marcin Latosiewicz Thu, 08/12/2010 - 15:17

Ben,

I've seen this happen before. Does reloading the AD agent every morning help? (Morning afternoon should not matter)

If so upgrade to latest 6.3 image, if that does not help open a TAC case. Several improvements have been done here (including supportability).

Marcin

BEN ROBINSON Thu, 08/12/2010 - 16:21

Hi!

We are on the latest and greatest v6.3 code patches and all. No help. The issue just randomly clears up for a bit then not.

I have not tried starting/stopping the services of the remote agent on the DC, but it seems that once a user logs in, it's OK for a day or so, but after that, it screws up again. Very frustrating!

Ben

BEN ROBINSON Thu, 08/12/2010 - 16:22

I wanted to add that when we upgraded to the latest v6.3 patch, we had to reinstall the agent and that cleared the issue up... for a day or two, then it came right back so I guess that could constitute a "start/stop".

Marcin Latosiewicz Fri, 08/13/2010 - 00:01

Ben,

I'd honestly open a TAC case.And if possble try reloading the service in the morning/evening to see if it will make it any better.

Looks like trendmicro devs will have to look into this one, on a possitive note you go straight to the most experienced people when you're dealing with AD + CSC.

Marcin

BEN ROBINSON Wed, 09/08/2010 - 14:03

hi! the tac engineer says it may be related to this bug - CSCti51538

a fix is expected in the next release. we are testing to see if the workaround is actually fixing it.

Actions

This Discussion

Related Content