Views
Helpful
Replies

CSC v6.3 and Remote Agent Mapping Issues

BEN ROBINSON
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

We are getting an issue (our AD is a Win2008 64-bit server, BTW) where the mappings using the remote agent will work for about a day, then a group of users; random at best... starts mapping to the default policies and the log shows the user IP browsing out but the user ID is [NOT FOUND].

DC has 445 access to workstations, remote registry is enabled and Windows firewall is turned off.

Anyone else experiencing similar issues? Thanks!

Ben

5 Replies 5

Marcin Latosiewicz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Ben,

I've seen this happen before. Does reloading the AD agent every morning help? (Morning afternoon should not matter)

If so upgrade to latest 6.3 image, if that does not help open a TAC case. Several improvements have been done here (including supportability).

Marcin

Hi!

We are on the latest and greatest v6.3 code patches and all. No help. The issue just randomly clears up for a bit then not.

I have not tried starting/stopping the services of the remote agent on the DC, but it seems that once a user logs in, it's OK for a day or so, but after that, it screws up again. Very frustrating!

Ben

I wanted to add that when we upgraded to the latest v6.3 patch, we had to reinstall the agent and that cleared the issue up... for a day or two, then it came right back so I guess that could constitute a "start/stop".

Ben,

I'd honestly open a TAC case.And if possble try reloading the service in the morning/evening to see if it will make it any better.

Looks like trendmicro devs will have to look into this one, on a possitive note you go straight to the most experienced people when you're dealing with AD + CSC.

Marcin

hi! the tac engineer says it may be related to this bug - CSCti51538

a fix is expected in the next release. we are testing to see if the workaround is actually fixing it.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card